Healthcare professionals have many challenges everyday and Medline strives to make your job easier and to help you perform at your very best.
Medline offers recommendations and guidelines to help healthcare providers deal with common issues in the facility. We take a look at situations that might occur in a healthcare facility and analyse the impact it can have on the patients, the staff and/or the facility. Medline also explores how we can help you solve and prevent the issues by providing advice and suggesting solutions and products for both patients and staff.
Our knowledge base categories are available for you to find out more about best practices and guidelines in the medical community.
- Falls Prevention in Hospitals Studies show that one in three individuals over the age of 65 will fall each year in the UK. To minimise the cost and consequences of falls, hospitals need to implement and respect high standards and guidelines for patient safety.
- Clinician Skincare To ensure good patient care, healthcare professionals need to follow appropriate hygiene regulations, like frequent handwashing, which can cause skin irritation. It is important to raise awareness amongst the staff on how to improve skin condition and take good care of their hands.
- Pressure Ulcer Prevention It is important for caregivers to understand what may cause pressure ulcers in order to prevent them. An effective prevention programme can help lower mortality rates and the costs of care.
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) Prevention VAP is the most common infection amongst patients staying in the intensive care unit (ICU). Several techniques and precautions can help patients reduce the risk of developing VAP.
- Patient Bathing Traditional basin bathing for bedridden patients is commonly practised throughout healthcare facilities, yet there are many disadvantages to this method for patients’ health. Using disposable wipes can be a much better solution.
- Operating Theatre Table Kits The proper selection of medical textiles is paramount for reducing infections in the operating theatre. Medline has developed all-in-one operating theatre table kits to help reduce theatre turnover time and promote patient safety.
- Incontinence-Associated Dermatitis (IAD) IAD describes skin damage due to exposure to urine or faeces. It is important for healthcare professionals to know how to recognise and prevent IAD. Medline has collaborated with authors Karen Ousey and Louise O’Connor to address this challenging topic.
- Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Prevention SSIs are infections that can be acquired during or after an operation. They are a significant burden to both healthcare facilities and patients, and it is vital that clinicians are aware of the risk factors so they can minimise them.
- Surgical and Exam Gloves Selection Criteria Choosing the right gloves in hospitals can be challenging, especially considering allergy risks and differing requirements for use, comfort and overall performance. Our guide can help you evaluate exam and surgical glove options in order to select the right product and material.