Sterile Procedure Trays
Today, hospitals are confronted with many challenges: cost cutting, efficiency increases or a shortage of healthcare workers. Medline’s Sterile Procedure Trays (SPTs) help you target these challenges.
Efficient healthcare distribution not only delivers supplies, but it also results in cost-effective, high-quality patient care. Medline is experienced in the supply chain requirements of individual healthcare settings and best practices throughout the industry. By offering customised distribution programmes, quality products and decades of experience, Medline reduces costs, improves productivity and enhances the quality of patient care.
The success of our programmes has been proven with measurable results. We are large enough to meet your needs, yet small enough to offer creative approaches, flexibility and quick responses to address the issues you face every day.
Today, there is increased pressure on hospital management to improve efficiency and reduce costs while minimising the harm to the environment. Low prices alone are no longer enough. High-quality, environmentally friendly products that make processes leaner are being considered more and more often, especially when accompanied by good service.
Leaner surgical processes
Medline’s SPTs come complete with everything you need for a procedure. They are compact, ready to use and can be reordered with just one item number instead of dozens. SPTs reduce set-up time, leaving more time for treating patients. With fewer items to open, there is also a reduced risk of contamination.
An easy way to increase efficiency at your facility is to reduce the number of touchpoints: the contact your staff has with surgical components. This has impact on the operating theatre, the supply chain and accounting. Reduced touchpoints can result in significant time and cost savings.
Medline’s SPTs can reduce touchpoints by more than 90 per cent, which can save clinicians time, thereby increasing their time with the patient. We have numerous SPT tools, like the Medline Efficiency Calculator, that can help show process improvement potential.
- Experience: As a leader in custom procedure trays worldwide, we are committed to quality. Medline has been providing surgical packs to facilities for over 20 years, and we produce thousands of packs every day.
- Commitment: The importance of quality cannot be overstated. In fact, we have zero tolerance for errors. We take validation of components very seriously, as the safety of your patients is of utmost importance to us.
- Accuracy: You can count on your packs to always contain exactly what you ordered:
- The right components, every time
- Correct placement within the pack.
High quality and great service are the cornerstones of our success as a world-leading pack provider.
Outstanding consulting services
- Clinical analysis: Our highly trained and experienced product specialists analyse your needs and offer suggestions for improvement and standardisation. Our clinicians are there to help you throughout the SPT implementation process.
- Logistical analysis: We have specialists trained in lean management to support your entire supply chain and help you optimise storage space, which is a hot topic in most hospitals.
- Ongoing communication: We regularly communicate with all our customers to ensure they are completely satisfied. This helps us understand each facility and anticipate our customers’ needs.
Medline’s greensmart is a collection of products that are environmentally friendly (green) and good for your business (smart).
At Medline, we constantly look for ways to reduce, reuse and recycle, and we know that you share our concern for the environment. The greensmart programme only includes high-quality, affordable products whose manufacturing process conserves energy, that use less components and that contain recyclable materials.
Medline’s business partner programme offers you a free logistical assessment and a visit of our manufacturing plant. This assessment can help optimise your SPT, preventive care, and drapes and gowns purchases.
What is included in the business partner programme?
Medline experts will perform an on-site logistical assessment to detail the flow of products through your facility. Our team will suggest enhancement opportunities and present a logistical flow analysis, results and recommendations.
A Medline expert can visit your facility to perform a simulation showing the benefits of switching from single sterile items to an SPT pack.
Medline experts will review your current packs and suggest changes to make them fulfil your needs even better. A report with suggested changes and updates will be provided.
Medline facility visit
The visit to Medline’s SPT plant in Châteaubriant, France, lasts one to two days and can include:
- An introductory presentation about the products and manufacturing
- A visit to the warehouse and clean room
- A workshop with component samples.
Med-Pack is a real-time interactive programme that will simplify the life of everyone who touches surgical packs. You can manage your surgical packs much more easily and powerfully with this real-time interactive programme. Med-Pack uses iViews, which give you access to information in innovative ways:
- View pictures of all the components in every pack you are using.
- Know when your requested changes arrive into inventory.
- Train new employees by viewing assembly pictures for every pack.
- Identify all latex components and view latex-free alternatives.
- Quickly find information on standardisation, safety and eco-friendly components.
The purpose of surgical procedure packs is to bring convenience to your world. Yet all blue packs look nearly the same, resulting in needless confusion and costly mistakes.
Wrong packs are pulled more often than you might think, causing extra work and expenses related to pulling separate sterile items. Or, worse yet, the entire wrong pack might have to be discarded and replaced with the correct one.
Recognising these problems, Medline set out to eliminate pack confusion. The result is Medline’s EMPOWER Packaging System: an entirely new and streamlined way of looking at packs. You can customise your packaging system by selecting your own colours and descriptions for your packs.
Want to know more about our EMPOWER Packaging System?