Medline acknowledges that customers and business contacts regularly provide their personal information in the ordinary course of business and we are committed to keeping such information safe. We aim to comply with the EU General Data Protection Legislation (becoming effective per 25 May 2018) and national applicable laws in the countries where we are located. This policy provides further information about data processing for data subjects who provide their data to us in connection with use of this Website and contacting our customer service teams.
www.medline.eu (and its subdirectories, hereinafter all collectively referred to as “Medline Website” or “Website”) is the Internet website of Medline International BV as responsible data controller (contact details below), hereinafter also called “Medline”.
Use of this Website
Collection and use of data
When you visit the Website, Medline’s web server collects general technical information for operation of the site, specifically about the software and hardware you use, the IP address (the numbers with which computers are identified on the internet), which pages you visit, and the specific time and duration of your visit. These data are stored without personal reference to you and used to compile (annual) statistical information (such as visitor numbers, download numbers) about the use of this Website in order to improve the Website.
Your personal data are used only for the purpose of providing you with information about our products or services or to send you samples of products, as requested. Unless as described in this policy, Medline will not pass on, sell or lease your personal data to third parties. Personal data will not be used for any other purpose without your consent or unless required by law.
This site also uses a third-party click tracking analytics tool (such as Google Analytics) to capture click-through statistics. These may use tools such as web beacons/GIF/pixel tags in order to perform analytics to track page visits, peak usage times, site click-through analytics and layout redesign. With the use of these tools, the Website collects your computer's IP address through “tracking cookies” and may transfer this to countries outside Europe where these tools are hosted, such as the United States. By accessing or using this Website, you expressly agree to this collection and transfer. If you object to making your site activity available to Google Analytics, you may install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Medline collects personal data from business contacts at several different points in the course of ordinary business. This section explains which data are collected in the interaction with our sales and customer service teams and how these are handled by Medline. Responsible data controller is Medline International BV (contact details below).
Collection and Use of Data
Medline is dedicated to providing World Class Customer Service. As part of this drive for excellence, Medline records and evaluates customer service calls. This data processing is based on the legitimate interests of Medline and we dedicate every effort to assuring the interests of participants to recorded phone calls are protected. Therefore, this policy provides further information about this data processing:
- Contact persons are notified prior to or at the beginning of a telephone call to or with our customer service teams, in case the call is being or may be recorded for quality and training purposes.
- Every participant to such call will always have an option to end the recording of a particular call or not to continue with the call.
- Calls are being recorded and logged for training and quality purposes using software that is designed to do just that, stored on a Medline server in the EU and password protected to prevent unauthorised access.
- Access to the recordings is reserved for EU and UK based supervisors and managers for the customer service employee involved in the call and is only used for periodic evaluations of the employee.
- We will not use any recorded calls or related log data for any other purpose, we will not share this information with third parties and we will not transfer this data outside Medline or outside of the EU or UK, where our customer service teams are located.
- With the audio files, the phone numbers of participants and duration of the call are stored as metadata. Recorded calls and related data will not be connected to other systems and automatically deleted after a maximum of 30 days.
Medline is committed to protecting data under our control. We regularly update our technical and organisational security measures as part of our data protection efforts. We implement measures to prevent unauthorised access, illegal deletion or manipulation, and accidental loss of the data.
Control of your personal data
You have the right to request information about the processing of your personal data as well as to request access to, rectification or deletion of your personal data at any point either in writing or by e-mail. Contact details are below.
For further inquiries and queries on data collection queries please contact:
Medline Privacy Lead
Medline International BV
Nieuwe Stationsstraat 10
6811 KS Arnhem
Phone: +31 (0) 26 – 312 7200
Fax: +31 (0) 26 – 312 7208
Mail: [email protected]