Junior IT Support Engineer (m/f)
The Medline IT team is working every day to provide innovative solutions to our internal and external customers with the goal to differentiate ourselves from the competition.
We are looking for a Junior IT Support Engineer that will be responsible for supporting the user desktop environment covering local area network and telecommunication issues that arise. The European role is based in Arnhem, the Netherlands and is part of the European Helpdesk.
- Provide technical support during specified hours.
- Perform necessary additions and changes to IT equipment, telecommunication systems.
- Log all calls into the ticket management tool and sets priorities. Clearly and concisely, document and communicate all details of case resolution in the ticket management tool.
- Keep management and users informed about the status of critical cases.
- Instruct and advise computer system users in the operation and execution of computer applications.
- Work with external vendors for support on defective software or hardware;
- Create support tickets and follow up from creation to resolution and where needed escalate internally.
- Perform special assignments as requested by management.
- Deploy and configure new PCs.
- Continually expand knowledge of new technologies and uses for currently deployed systems.
- Flexible, eager, willing to learn, reliable.
- The ability to absorb and convey information.
- IT education and equivalent experience minimum 3 years, preferably in an international environment.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to forge strong relationships in a commercial setting.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise / plan tasks.
- Flexibility to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Basic experience in troubleshooting in a Windows environment.
- Ability to travel and work non-standard hours.
- Basic experience in troubleshooting PC hardware issues (i.e. monitors, printers, hard drives).
- Confident in decision making and able to influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Good knowledge of the English language is a strong requirement, Dutch a plus.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please note, applications that do not include an English CV will not be considered.
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.