- Role reports to: Business Development Director, Sales
- Location: In the region, preferably Slovenia
Medline International is a leading global healthcare company that provides quality medical and surgical supplies with superior value throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. The drive and desire for continual improvement is paramount. Each day, Medline employees are discovering ways to create new products, produce less waste and deliver what our customers need better, faster and with enhanced value.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales and services to new and/or existing customers to meet individual and organisational sales objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for day-to-day interactions with our distributors in the region. You will coordinate all communication and activities between Medline’s central functions and these distributors, making sure to provide the necessary information and data to promote sales of Medline products. You will play a facilitating role and follow up on the sales performance of Medline products, ensuring that the necessary time and resources are dedicated to Medline’s activities to reach our sales targets. In addition, you will be responsible for customer relations, prospecting and building relationships that will increase account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within a specified product line, business segment and/or geographic area. Your focus areas will include driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities/new segments.
- Influence and drive distributors’ business priorities.
- Conduct contract and pricing negotiations.
- Influence and coordinate effective tender management by the distributor.
- Liaise with Medline’s divisions to prepare tenders in the best possible way.
- Use your analytical skills to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Create awareness of Medline’s products to the market via effective tools.
- Create sales presentations and assist with product trials.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Liaise with other areas of the business, ensuring that customers’ requirements and expectations are met.
- A degree in business, marketing, sales or a science-related subject
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Proven and successful track record of sales management through direct and indirect sales channels, preferably within the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Evidence of new business development achievement within a sales environment
- Ability to forge strong relationships in a commercial setting
- Hands-on, customer-focused approach
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to understand and explain contract structure and language
- Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of P&L accounts
- Ability to travel and work independently (full driving license required)
- Fluency in English and one local language
Are you interested in being a part of our journey? Please send your résumé and cover letter to Caroline Desborough, HR Generalist: [email protected].