The Medline information technology (IT) team is committed to providing innovative solutions to our internal and external customers. The goal is to differentiate us from our competitors and to achieve this, we are looking for an IT (software development) leader to be the new Head of Business Applications. In this key position, you will work with our European stakeholders to fulfil the requirements of the IT development portfolio. In addition, while based at our European headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands, you will manage our existing team and report to the IT Director for Europe.
As Head of Business Applications, you will manage and develop a diverse group of IT professionals who work on application configuration, integration, support and development across Medline Europe. You will also be instrumental in the development of all our business application capabilities, including ERP, CRM, digital solutions, warehouse management systems and industry-specific commercial solutions.
We are, therefore, interested in a candidate with an executive presence, the skill to influence and the ability to make a strong impact, as this role requires extensive collaboration with IT business partners and process owners and other technology leaders.
As the team are based across a number of Medline’s offices, experience with managing remotely is required for this role. This role will help us further the enhancement of the overall customer experience, a feature of customer centricity for which Medline is renowned.
- Lead an applications team of 30 to 40 people across Europe and India.
- Standardise our current practices and develop the IT landscape.
- Manage the full software development life cycle (SDLC), from project initiation and development, to implementation and ongoing level-3 production support.
- Set the overall technical direction for business systems, in cooperation with the enterprise architects.
- Create and lead the implementation of internal methodology and process improvements.
- Interface with business leadership to communicate IT application development strategies and gain collaborative support.
- Establish and adhere to an annual budget for labour, vendors and software.
- Remove obstacles, close gaps, and manage and mitigate risks to ensure on-time delivery, within the budget and with care for quality.
- Solve complex technical problems and communicate the solution to non-technical management and peers.
- Prepare and present progress reports and ensure the project is furthering organisational goals.
- Own the technical solution design and delivery process for business applications and integration components.
- A true people manager with broad experience in the application development/software engineering field, having played a leading role in digital/e-commerce projects
- Change management skills and experience
- 5 or more years of experience in managing (remote) teams
- A university degree in Business/IT (Computer Science, Information Management or a related field)
- Experience with cloud-native technologies and emerging technologies/IT products
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (Dutch, German and/or French is advantageous)
- Experience with the software development life cycle in a range of methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly advancing, changing and delivery-focused environment
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 50%)
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]ne.com.
Applications that do not include an English résumé will not be considered. For this position, we will handle recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.