Director Transportation Europe (m/w/d)
Medline Industries Inc. is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare products in the US, and since 2012, this success has spread to international markets as well. Medline International’s European headquarters is located in the Netherlands. Our expert professionals sell, market, warehouse and distribute all Medline products in Europe. To support our continued growth and our desire to serve our customers better every single day, we are looking for a Director Transportation Europe (m/f) based in our European Distribution Center in Kleve.
The Director Transportation Europe is responsible for strategic direction, tactical planning and flawless execution of all inbound transportation and outbound distribution of Medline products in Europe. This role reports to the Vice President of Operations Europe.
- Develop a tactical roadmap for the future transportation network in line with the strategic direction of operations and the company.
- Take full P&L responsibility: analyse the different expense categories and take appropriate action to improve the cost effectiveness of the transport services.
- Manage all modes of transport: ocean, air, rail, truck, LTL and parcel freight.
- Manage the complete portfolio of 3PL and 4PL transportation partners: initiate and manage contract renewals, carrier selection and contract negotiations.
- Manage and develop the Medline-owned/branded fleet called MedTrans.
- Lead initiatives to improve the quality, speed to market, reliability, planning execution and overall customer experience.
- Drive innovation through new distribution concepts, technology and the application of best practices; take initiatives to reduce Medline’s transportation-related carbon footprint.
- Oversee the European rollout of the recently introduced transportation management system.
- Develop and maintain metrics that reflect the true performance development of the department.
- Manage the transportation team, consisting of 2 Transport Managers and 1 Project Manager and their respective teams, totalling 9 FTEs.
- Select and develop team members by putting the right people in the right roles, coaching them to be successful and holding them accountable for results.
- Manage change: demonstrate a ‘respond, embrace and adapt’ mindset to achieve service and financial goals; help team members adopt this mindset and realise its benefits.
- Act as a partner to our regional sales and customer service teams in serving our customers, and offering innovative and lasting solutions.
- Relentlessly adhere to regulatory and compliance standards for the loading, transportation and delivery of medical equipment and supplies.
- Put health and safety of team members first, and practice good judgment in controlling risk.
- Postgraduate certification, preferably a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Logistics, Distribution, Engineering and/or Finance
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a logistics environment with demonstrated managerial experience in all mentioned modes of transport
- Assertive, decisive, positive attitude
- Personal accountability and a passion to succeed
- Up-to-date industry knowledge and business acumen to keep this knowledge fresh
- Knowledge of transportation operations, including asset management, resource planning, systems, European and country regulations, and budgeting
- Extensive P&L experience
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of transportation management systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (German highly recommended)
- High sense of urgency and personal integrity; a natural-born leader
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
What do we offer
Medline is a successful and financially stable company with a proven record of accomplishment and career opportunities for motivated people who share our passion for success and customer focus. We offer a competitive remuneration package including an incentive plan.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to: [email protected]. Applications that do not include an English CV will not be considered.