Business Intelligence Analyst & Team Lead (m/f)
The Medline IT team is working every day to provide innovative solutions to our internal and external customers with the goal that these solutions will differentiate us from the competition.
The Business Intelligence Team Lead will build, support, train and lead a team of IT developers and analysts, and will closely collaborate with cross-functional business partners to meet business objectives and deliver IT commitments. He/she will oversee a variety of areas within the functional scope of the role, like architecture, product development, quality assurance and delivery of services. The BI Team Lead will have full ownership of the entire BI landscape including the main ETL processes.
Form the strategy
- Develop application/solution roadmaps with the business and senior IT management.
- Stay up to date on solution developments in the market.
- Manage vendors and contract negotiations with support from senior IT management.
Build the team
- Align the team’s skills and resources with the strategic business direction; identify gaps and resolve them.
- Create an environment based on trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Motivate and inspire team members.
- Ensure documentation to enable knowledge sharing.
Develop team members
- Define clear expectations and objectives with team members.
- Evaluate results and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Assist with training and development.
- Encourage and support independent thinking.
- Recognise and acknowledge the skills of key team members and utilise their strengths to benefit the team.
- Coach and help develop team members; identify and help resolve subpar performance.
- Conduct periodical performance reviews for your team members according to Medline’s HR policy.
Coordinate and help with the team’s workload
- Make sure key tasks and projects are prioritised and assigned to team members.
- Coordinate work with other IT teams and with the business.
- Provide regular status reports and planning to your manager; escalate issues that cannot be resolved by the team.
- Help with the development process when required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with BI, of which 2 years were in a BI lead role
- Good understanding of ETL, data warehousing, dashboards and analytics
- General business acumen through education or experience
- Thorough understanding of the supported business processes in the area of responsibility to effectively collaborate with the business
- Ability to manage current and future needs in data design and content
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft BI stack (SQL Server 2008+, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please note, applications that do not include an English CV will not be considered.
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.