Warehouse Management Consultant (m/f/d)
Are you interested in supporting our expansion in Europe? We are looking for a candidate for the full-time position of Warehouse Management Consultant.
As our internal Warehouse Management Consultant, you are a solutions-oriented professional with extensive experience implementing, supporting and optimising warehouse management systems (WMS) and transportation management systems (TMS). You combine genuine passion for technology with outstanding communication skills. You aspire to lay the foundations for future-proof solutions, but you can also think on your feet and devise quick fixes.
You will be taking on a key role in projects to implement and improve our warehousing and transportation systems. Currently, Medline is defining the roadmap for the WMS and TMS applications and we are expanding the footprint of operations within Europe with additional warehouses and third-party logistics (3PL) collaborations.
This role will require frequent interactions with other IT teams, internal customers and external vendors.
You will be responsible for making sure the applications are stable, performant and interface properly with other systems. You are able to understand and verify business requirements, translating them into configuration changes for the various applications. One of your goals will be to build a template for warehouse IT implementations and functionally lead the WMS/TMS.. You will be responsible for vendor management, e.g. implementing support service-level agreements (SLA) and contract management, and escalating issues. You will also handle coordination related to change requests with the respective internal and external IT teams and/or the software vendor.
This position can be based in Arnhem (NL) or Kleve (GE).
- Collaboratively craft process and/or software changes with your business liaisons;
- Analyse, configure and optimise the existing applications within your functional area of responsibility;
- Translate business processes into new, differentiating solutions;
- Design, coordinate and conduct application testing;
- Help develop, customise and extend the solutions to ensure their availability and fit to the strategic development of the business;
- Coordinate service and change requests;
- Coordinate implementation and improvement projects;
- Stay up-to-date on available upgrades and market developments;
- Liaise with other IT teams when required.
- Proven experience in implementing warehouse management systems;
- Bachelor’s degree and a mix of consulting and IT skills;
- Experience with configuring complex systems is advantageous;
- Strong organisational and project skills, capable of juggling several project tasks at once;
- Process-oriented, yet creative;
- Curious and continuously willing to learn more;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in spoken and written English;
- Willing to travel, especially during implementations (up to 50% on average, mostly within Europe);
- Level-headed in challenging and time-sensitive situations;
- Previous experience with Hardis Reflex is advantageous.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to Hanneke van der Putte at: [email protected].
Please note, applications that do not include an English résumé will not be considered.