Vendor Relations Leader (m/f)
Building on the success of its medical device distribution service in the United States and as part of its growth strategy in Europe, Medline is expanding its ‘Prime Vendor’ service to hospitals and clinics in Europe. In order to support the establishment and development of Prime Vendor for our European customers, we are seeking, an experienced candidate with excellent negotiation and communication skills for the full-time position of Vendor Relations Leader (m/f).
As the Vendor Relations Leader, you will lead and oversee all activities with manufacturing partners for all the medical devices that Medline distributes in Europe. This role encompasses establishing relationships with a wide range of medical device suppliers, gaining access to appropriate products and offering them to Medline’s Prime Vendor distribution customers. You will increase Medline’s profitability and collaborate to form partnerships that bring value to Medline and our manufacturing partners.
You will work closely with the business development team to make sure we have access to all appropriate suppliers when new distribution customers are onboarded. You will also negotiate price lists and financial terms with vendors to achieve savings and customers’ price targets. This role will be based in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors across Europe to gain access to all appropriate products and to achieve improved financial terms and conditions; agree with vendors on a standard reimbursement model.
- Build collaborative partnerships with vendors to create a business growth environment for all involved parties.
- Lead all vendor activities and customer-related projects in the Netherlands.
- Communicate and maintain vendor scorecards and manage vendor relationships with the goal of achieving top-level performance.
- Act as the escalation point for all functional areas working with the vendor to solve problems and mediate any challenges and opportunities that arise.
- Respond to vendor-related questions or issues and quickly resolve them.
- Report KPIs and activities to the Vendor Relations Manager EU.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 6 years of marketing, product management or procurement experience.
- At least 5 years of negotiation experience with outside vendors, including negotiating contracts and prices, resolving service issues and/or reconciling differences.
- Experience in distribution operations (preference in the healthcare market).
- Analytical and results-oriented.
- Rigorous, autonomous and organised.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to work successfully in multifunctional and multinational teams.
- Experience and success working in an international environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English and Dutch (French or German skills are a plus).
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Europe 25% of the time.
We look forward to receiving your application letter and CV in English to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte at [email protected].
Applications that do not include an English CV will not be considered.