Vendor Relations Leader
The Prime Vendor solution in Europe is provided via Medline Services entities, which operate separately from Medline Europe. Prime Vendor buys medical consumables from multiple suppliers, consolidates them on one platform and delivers them to multisite care providers.
To build on the success of its medical device distribution service in the United States, and as part of its growth strategy in Europe, Medline is expanding Prime Vendor services to support hospitals and clinics in Europe with major supply chain challenges.
As Vendor Relations Leader, you will lead all vendor activities, in addition to customer-related projects in the Netherlands. You will also establish relationships with a wide range of medical device suppliers, gaining access to appropriate products, which you will, in turn, offer to Medline’s Prime Vendor distribution customers. Additionally, in this dynamic role, you will work to increase Medline’s profitability and collaborate towards forming partnerships that bring value to Medline and its manufacturing partners.
This role is based in our European Headquarters in Arnhem, but also offers the possibility to work part-time in the field.
- Lead purchasing activities for a group of hospitals in the Netherlands.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors to gain access to well-suited products and achieve improved financial terms and conditions.
- Launch calls for tenders and select suppliers based on customer needs, with a strategic long-term vision (supported by management).
- Categorise and optimise hospital/vendor portfolios.
- Create a business growth-inducing environment.
- Collaborate on setting up processes/logistics to ensure reliable operations.
- Report KPIs and activities to the European Vendor Relations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in English and Dutch (French or German skills are a plus)
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, product management or procurement
- 2+ years of experience in negotiating with outside vendors and/or customers, including contracts and prices, resolving service issues and/or reconciling differences
- Experience in distribution operations (ideally in the healthcare market)
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- A team player who can successfully work in multifunctional and multinational teams
- The ability to thrive in a developing and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and results-oriented
- Willing and able to travel in the Netherlands (up to 20%)
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected], to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte.
Applications that do not include an English résumé will not be considered. For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.