Legal Counsel (m/f)
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to complement our European Legal & Compliance team, which is responsible for all legal matters and advice for the organisation. This dynamic and independent role covers a wide variety of responsibilities in a small team. You will advise and support our European headquarters, product divisions and sales teams and be responsible for handling contracts and legal issues including corporate, commercial and regulatory topics as well as litigation. You will also work in close cooperation with the European compliance officer.
Reporting to our Legal Director for Europe, this position will be based in our headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands, initially for a period of six months. In this important role, you will be a key player in our fast moving company. We offer you the space and opportunity to grow and develop yourself professionally, within a truly international environment.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for international commercial business relations (supply, distribution, agency, warehouse, IT, logistics and consulting).
- Support legal risk management efforts and operational activities, including identification and implementation of new legislation.
- Provide practicable legal advice and present recommendations to functional departments.
- Advise management on dispute resolution and other corporate matters.
- Manage and allocate outside counsel efficiently.
- Participate in multidisciplinary international (project) teams.
- Observe core values such as integrity, respect and quality, and be a role model for others accordingly.
- A European or Dutch Law degree, with 3 to 5 years of professional experience in an international business environment
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with commercial contracts, general contract law as well as the evolving legal regime applicable to a highly regulated industry (preferably within the medical device industry)
- Full professional fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively in order to take initiative and advise on a wide variety of legal matters
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, including the ability to influence across cultures and disciplines
- A good commercial sense with the ability to understand legal issues quickly and provide commercially sound and practical solutions to the business
- A down-to-earth business partner who is capable of working in a dynamic environment, whilst upholding high legal standards and preserving legal compliance
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally
Please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte at: [email protected].