Learning and Training Manager (m/f) – 12-month contract
The marketing and HR departments are working together to modernise training at Medline. It is our goal to develop a world-class training programme to help our employees stay on top in their field. By joining us, you will belong to a dynamic, passionate, ambitious and committed team who are dedicated to the success of Medline and its employees’ engagement and satisfaction.
In order to guide our employees to support our growth, we are looking for a Learning and Training Manager. The candidate will work at least 80% FTE. The position will be based in our headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands. In this role you will report to our Director of Marketing and Communications, Europe and have close interactions with HR.
- Harmonise existing European trainings across all locations and departments with an initial focus on sales, the divisions and customer service:
- Make learning and training a key tool to support growth within the company.
- Liaise with HR to understand local training requirements and set-up.
- Standardise training efforts across the organisation and negotiate new/updated contracts with training providers where applicable.
- Lead the sales training projects and ongoing programmes:
- In close collaboration with our external consultant, coordinate and follow up on the sales training project.
- Lead the implementation of our first e-learning programmes for sales and extend the gamification concept.
- Coordinate our Field Trainer Programme in the sales department, including implementation, payment requests, training sessions during sales meetings and platform updates.
- Coordinate the Basic Selling Skills Trainings by partnering with our Head of Sales to define the pace, organise all the sessions and coordinate with the internal/external trainers.
- Make training and learning a key element of employees’ careers:
- Help improve the onboarding process by implementing appropriate trainings.
- Design training programmes in coordination with promotion/growth plans.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation and development of the Learning Module within the HR information system (HRIS):
- Be the expert of the Learning Management System and Learning Content Management System within our new HRIS and train internal users of this system.
- Develop and implement the learning catalogue (based on existing e-learnings and the new e-learning for sales)
- Create media-rich, engaging e-learning courses to support employee training.
- Gather content and input from multiple resources to write all training, learning and onboarding content.
- Manage training content from request and creation to review and implementation.
- Maintain a project list and project statuses, finishing content creation on time.
- Implement a regular review and update schedule to ensure all training is kept up-to-date and is accurate.
- Research content for purchase and manage the content budget.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure Medline’s writing style is being properly applied to this content.
- Work with the marketing design team to ensure professional and on-brand design for all trainings.
- Develop Medline e-learning best practices for presenting information clearly and concisely.
- Function as the contact person and resource for all training and learning topics for the HR team and managers across the company and work together to maintain momentum around training and learning.
- Educational background and at least 2-3 years of work experience in training.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or HR.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken; fluency in other European languages is advantageous.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise your work and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexible and structured.
- Excellent critical thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to achieve results in a fast-paced, changing, global/matrix environment.
- Enjoys collaborating in a team.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte at: [email protected].
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.