Head of Business Applications (m/f)
The Medline IT team is working every day to provide innovative solutions to our internal and external customers with the goal that these solutions will differentiate us from the competition. We are looking for a full-time Head of Business Applications to guide our technical team, foster talent and ensure that the development team executes the planned technology strategy to meet our business objectives. Based in our European headquarters in Arnhem, the Netherlands, you will work with global IT leadership and the European business to define and control the scope and prioritisation of projects.
The Head of Business Applications will be instrumental in the development of all our business application capabilities, including ERP, digital solutions, warehouse management systems and industry-specific commercial solutions.
You will work with Medline employees and external partners to fulfil the requirements of the IT development roadmap, ensuring quality and on-time delivery within the agreed-upon budgets. This role requires extensive collaboration with IT business partners, business process owners and other technology leaders. We are looking for a candidate with influencing skills, executive presence and the ability to make a strong impact. Medline is known for its customer centricity, and this role will help us enhance the overall customer experience to an even greater extent.
You will manage a diverse group of technology professionals who work on application configuration, integration, support and development across Medline Europe. As the team are based across a number of Medline’s offices, experience with managing remotely is required for this role.
- Lead the IT applications team.
- Manage the full systems development life cycle (SDLC) from project initiation and development to implementation and ongoing level-3 production support, within an agile environment.
- In cooperation with the Enterprise Architects, set the overall technical direction and strategies for business systems.
- Create and lead the implementation of internal methodology and process improvements.
- Interface with business leadership to communicate IT application development strategies and gain collaborative support.
- Remove obstacles, close gaps, and manage and mitigate risks to ensure on-time delivery, within the budget and with impeccable quality.
- Solve complex technical problems and communicate the solution to non-technical management and peers.
- Prepare and present progress reports and ensure the project is furthering organisational goals.
- Establish and adhere to an annual budget for labour, vendors and software.
- Own the technical solution design and delivery process for all business applications and integration components.
- 10+ years of experience in the application development/software engineering field, having played a leading role in digital/e-commerce projects
- 5+ years of experience in managing teams, including remotely
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Management or a related field
- Experience with cloud native technologies
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems
- Fluent in both written and spoken English (Dutch, German and/or French is advantageous)
- Experience with the development life cycle in a range of methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly advancing, changing and delivery-focused environment
- Experience with emerging technologies and IT products
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please note, applications that do not include an English résumé will not be considered.
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.