English Copy Editor and Copy Writer (m/f)
A simultaneously creative and highly organised group, the marketing, communications and web team seamlessly works together to promote Medline’s brand and initiatives through high-quality marketing services and strategies. Some team members design eye-catching, captivating content and graphics, while others check that the text is well-written and cohesive, whatever language it might be in. We also accompany numerous projects from all around the company from start to finish—ideation, creation, dissemination and analysis. Together, we are the gatekeepers of Medline’s brand and are dedicated to producing powerful and professional marketing materials.
In this role, as a fluent (near native) English speaker, you will meticulously edit and craft internal and external English communications, adhering to proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency and our corporate style.
You should feel comfortable going beyond proofreading and be able to critically analyse the audience and message of the text to create powerful communications. In addition to editing, your excellent writing style will enable you to write English content for internal and external audiences. You will also work on various general communications projects.
This role is based in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- Copy-edit a wide variety of English communications (brochures, emails, web content, newsletters, job descriptions, social media posts), ensuring that the end product is in correct and compelling British English.
- Work with the Communications Manager to ensure an efficient copy-editing review process and seek out ways to improve English communications company wide.
- Copy-write British English texts (internal newsletters, emails, web and brochure content).
- Take on communications projects, for example:
- Work with the Learning and Training Manager to edit all training materials.
- Serve as the back-up of our Communications Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or a related field
- Fluency in English (near native) with the ability to edit and write in British English; fluency in other European languages is highly advantageous
- At least 2 years of experience as a copy editor, proofreader or copy writer in an international environment
- Thorough knowledge of British English grammar, punctuation and vocabulary
- Excellent personal writing style
- An extreme attention to detail, eagle-eyed
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to easily explain English-related topics to others
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your work
Please send your résumé and cover letter to the attention of Hanneke van der Putte at [email protected].
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.