Business Partner – Supply Chain and Operations (m/f)
Are you interested in supporting our expansion in Europe? We are looking for a candidate for the full-time position of Business Partner – Supply Chain and Operations.
As Business Partner – Supply Chain and Operations, you are a solution-oriented professional with extensive experience (implementing or operating) warehouse management systems (WMS), transportation management systems (TMS), enterprise resource planning (ERP) and sales and operations planning (S&OP) solutions. You combine genuine tech passion with outstanding communication skills. You aspire to lay foundations for future-proof solutions, but you can also think on your feet and devise quick fixes.
You will be the functional lead in Medline Europe IT and the single point of contact for the business in regards to the use of our operations, demand and supply planning, warehousing and distribution applications. At this moment, Medline is using a WMS and a TMS application and we’re expecting to expand the number of warehouses in the future. This job will require frequent interactions with other IT teams, internal customers and external vendors. In parallel, the supply chain team is progressively developing sales and operations processes with forecasting tools and business intelligence applications, and foresees the need for advanced planning systems (APS) and demand-driven MRP solutions.
You will be responsible for making sure the applications are stable and interface properly with other systems. You will be able to understand and verify business requirements, translating them into configuration changes for the various applications. One of your goals will be to build a template for warehouse IT implementations and lead a team that is supporting this. You will be responsible for vendor management, e.g. implementing support service level agreements (SLA), managing contracts and escalating issues. You will also be responsible for coordinating the related change requests with the respective internal and external IT teams and/or the software vendor.
This position can be based in Arnhem (the Netherlands) or Kleve (Germany).
- Collaboratively craft process and/or software changes with your business liaisons.
- Analyse, configure and optimise the existing applications within your functional area of responsibility.
- Translate business processes into new, differentiating solutions.
- Design, coordinate and conduct application testing.
- Help develop, customise and extend the solutions to ensure their availability and fit to the strategic development of the business.
- Coordinate implementation and improvement projects.
- Stay up-to-date on available upgrades and market developments.
- Proven work experience in a master planning, warehouse or distribution function, a mix of consulting and IT skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good project management skills, experience with configuring complex systems is a plus
- Strong organisational skills, capable of juggling several project tasks
- Excellent communication skills and a good level of English, both written and spoken
- You should be willing to travel, especially during projects, up to 50% of the time on average, mostly within Europe
- Level-headed in challenging and time-sensitive situations
- Previous experience with QAD and some experience with APS (APO, DynaSys) would be considered an advantage
- Open personality, flexible, curious and continuously willing to learn more
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please note, applications that do not include an English résumé will not be considered.
For this position, we will handle the recruitment ourselves. Résumés sent by headhunters or the like will not be considered.